San Francisco Friends School adjusts a student's tuition to match his/her family's economic situation. Families apply for an adjusted tuition using Clarity, a comprehensive online financial aid application that collects financial information and estimates the amount that your family can contribute towards tuition. Once you complete your application, Clarity will send it to any school(s) you indicate. Once we receive your application, the Adjustable Tuition Committee will review it and use it to formulate your adjusted tuition amount if you qualify for assistance. Tuition adjustments are sent to new families with their admissions decision letter in March.
Steps to Complete the Application
The Clarity financial aid application opens each year in August, for the following year's enrollment. To begin your application, please follow these steps:
1. Visit https://auth.clarityapp.
2. Begin your application for the upcoming academic school year. You can log out of the application website at any time and return later to complete the form.
3. Submit your complete application and add "San Francisco Friends School" as a recipient.
4. When you submit your application, you will be prompted to pay Clarity's $60 application fee. The Clarity system will automatically grant a fee waiver to you if your family qualifies, based on your income and assets.
5. For most families, Clarity will pull all required tax documentation automatically from the IRS after you sign the 4506-T form in the application. In certain circumstances, you will be prompted to upload additional documentation. Any additional requirements may be found in the "Documents" tab in your Clarity portal.
- Families with business interests (S-Corp, C-Corp, or Partnerships), will be prompted to upload documentation pertaining to their business(es). Please include all required documentation.
- If you are a single parent, having no contact with the child's biological second parent and receiving no financial support from him or her, you must submit a Single Parent Verification Form.
6. Your family's adjusted tuition award is contingent on the submission and verification of all the materials above. The Adjustable Tuition committee will contact you if more information is required.
Questions about the Clarity application? Clarity provides helpful information on the "Learn" section of its website. The Clarity team offers live chat assistance Monday-Friday 8am - 8pm ET, or you can email their team at email@example.com.
Please note: Earn It! Keep It! Save It! Bay Area provides free tax preparation to low- to moderate-income individuals, families, and seniors. Click here for a list of tax sites.
If you have general questions about adjusted tuition, or would like to discuss your situation with a member of the Adjustable Tuition committee, please contact:
Director of Finance and Operations
Director of Admission