courses of action
After careful consideration, the SFFS Board of Trustees, Head of School Mike Hanas, and members of the professional community have discerned community support for three specific pathways and strategic goals.
As a school with a public purpose, how might we deepen our commitment to being an ever more engaged and inclusive community?
1) Augment equity and inclusion in hiring, enrollment, and board composition
2) Refine the school’s practices to ensure an ever more inclusive and equitable experience for all
3) Support socio-economic diversity throughout the SFFS experience
4) Increase diversity across multiple demographic areas
5) Engage with students, families and communities to further SFFS spiritual vitality, public purpose, and identity
How might we continue to ensure our children enjoy a robust and innovative educational experience, animated by Quaker values?
1) Further our commitment to academic excellence by supporting and refining our robust and innovative educational and co-curricular program
2) Design and implement refinements to curriculum and support for a broad range of learners
3) Develop mission-driven facility master plan
4) Explore the potential to increase our reach and impact by expanding the student population in middle school and/or range of learners we serve
How might we better support our community, priorities and values through a sustainable financial model rooted in stewardship and inclusion?
1) Fortify our mission-aligned financial model to advance the goals of sustainability, economic accessibility and attracting, retaining, and supporting our talented professionals
2) Explore new revenue potential including, but not limited to, re-imagined fundraising strategies
So, What's Next?
Glad you asked! Over the course of the school year, we plan to implement our strategic initiatives as we navigate our pathways and realize our goals. As we embrace the work that lies ahead, we will be updating these webpages regularly with photos, news, and stories from our community members about how the strategic direction is directly impacting their SFFS experience.