the strategic direction: our pathways
How Did We Get Here?
What does it mean to work toward a more caring and just society? What role does San Francisco Friends School play in this, now and in the future? Over the last few years, we have been considering just that as we determine the vision and priorities that will animate our work for the next three years. We arrived at the strategic pathways and goals listed below through a thoughtful and inclusive process, driven by our mission and values, that encompassed:
- The work of a Futures Committee of trustees and members of the senior professional community
- Information collected through community surveys and group meetings during the 2015 search for our new head of school
- Our 2015–16 CAIS self-study process, observations from the accreditation team visit, and reflection on the resulting report
- Information gleaned by former Head of School Mike Hanas upon his arrival as he sought to learn more about our school through over 90 one-to-one interviews, small group gatherings, town hall meetings, and ongoing observations during the course of his work
- Goals refined at the 2016 Board of Trustees retreat, and the formation of committees such as the High School Exploration Task Force and APEC to explore areas of interest
- Countless collaborations between the Board of Trustees, faculty and staff, and parents
You are an important part of this work. Whether you are involved as a trustee, parent, member of the professional community, or friend of the school, your voice, through town hall meetings, surveys and committee work, guides our strategic direction. As we refine our priorities and clarify the initiatives that will help us achieve our goals, your support will be critical to making our vision a reality.
San Francisco Friends School has embraced the Quaker belief in continuing revelation as we move through the strategic planning process, which we have mapped out into five distinct, but connected, phases:
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR PATHWAYS.
Get Caught Up with Our Strategic Initiatives:
– The Schedule Project
– COMING SOON: Integrated Learning Opportunities
What Do You Think?
Do you have feedback to share about our Pathways? We want to hear from you. Please send us a note!