San Francisco Friends School educates girls and boys in the tradition of Quaker learning. By example and commitment, we hope to inspire all connected with our school to work together toward a peaceful and caring society.
The foundations of our mission are:
- Academic excellence
- Quaker values of simplicity, integrity, mutual respect, service to others, and peaceful problem-solving
- Community life, bringing together a diverse group of children, families, faculty, and staff through a sense of belonging
- Attention to the emotional and spiritual growth of the individual
- Social responsibility
Current Job Listings
- Extended Day / After3 Program Associates
- Horizons Development & Communications Coordinator
- Substitute Teacher
San Francisco Friends School educates students in the tradition of Quaker learning. By example and commitment, we hope to inspire all connected with our school to work together toward a peaceful and caring society. In the Extended Day (K–4th Grades) and After3 (5th–8th Grades) Programs, we believe strongly in the importance of play for all children. We structure the afternoon so that all our students will have the opportunity to find a quiet place to study, but also have the opportunity to play in the way they are most drawn to, from Legos to Four Square, tag to origami. Our aim is to create a space where we can allow students to let it all out, while still maintaining a safe environment. We are looking for individuals who enjoy connecting with kids, love to play, and can help keep everyone safe.
– Help maintain the safety of students.
– Help maintain a calm, clean environment indoors and outdoors.
– Mediate disputes between students as needed.
– Plan and facilitate activities including: games, arts, cooking, sports, etc.
– Assist with homework.
– Prepare and serve a healthy snack.
– Collaborate with fellow team members.
– Attend weekly staff meetings on Tuesday afternoons.
– Experience working with students in a school and/or educational setting
– Enthusiasm, creativity and a love of children
– Strong communication and collaboration skills
– Must pass background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) and provide recent TB clearance prior to start. (TB test and half the cost of the Live Scan is applicant’s responsibility)
– Availability to work 4 or more weekdays afternoons/week consistently
$16.50 per hour, afternoon hours, following school calendar. SFFS does not provide benefits, vacation time or PTO, and will provide paid sick time/health coverage only as required by local, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
Email a resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The San Francisco Friends School welcomes all students and staff and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability in administration of its educational policies, enrollment or hiring policies, and other school-administered programs.
Horizons at SFFS is seeking an enthusiastic, professional self-starter to serve in the role of Development and Communications Coordinator. Working closely with the ED, this role will provide coordination of and support for the development and communication efforts for the organization.
The ideal candidate has experience in fundraising (including grant writing), communications, design, event planning, and working with databases. S/he is comfortable working in a young organization with a small, year-round staff and is detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines. S/he possesses a personal commitment to educational equity and social justice and a strong desire to make a difference in the lives of low-income students and families.
To read more about the responsibilities and possibilities of this role, and for information on how to apply, please click here.
San Francisco Friends School, a K–8 Quaker school located in the Mission district of San Francisco, seeks substitute teachers to teach classes at all grade levels and in all subject areas when regular teachers are absent. The ideal candidate is a responsible, flexible, child-friendly person with relevant classroom teaching experience. A teaching credential is not required. Substitute teachers are hired on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain a safe, productive learning environment for the students in the classroom and on the playground.
- Execute the teacher’s lesson plans.
- Report back to the teacher any concerns or issues from the day.
- Collaborate with and support the grade level or departmental team.
$22.50/hour for the first 4 hours or $150/day.
San Francisco Friends School is a K-8 co-educational independent school, started in 2002, that combines outstanding academics with Quaker values of simplicity, integrity, mutual respect, and peaceful problem-solving.
*If you are interesting in applying to join our sub pool, please email us at: email@example.com
The San Francisco Friends School welcomes all students and staff and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability in administration of its educational policies, enrollment or hiring policies, and other school-administered programs.
For further information about San Francisco Friends School’s beginnings, mission and philosophy, please visit our website at www.sffriendsschool.org.