San Francisco Friends School educates girls and boys in the tradition of Quaker learning. By example and commitment, we hope to inspire all connected with our school to work together toward a peaceful and caring society.
The foundations of our mission are:
- Academic excellence
- Quaker values of simplicity, integrity, mutual respect, service to others, and peaceful problem-solving
- Community life, bringing together a diverse group of children, families, faculty, and staff through a sense of belonging
- Attention to the emotional and spiritual growth of the individual
- Social responsibility
Current Job Listings
San Francisco Friends School, a K–8 Quaker school located in the Mission district of San Francisco, seeks substitute teachers to teach classes at all grade levels and in all subject areas when regular teachers are absent. The ideal candidate is a responsible, flexible, child-friendly person with relevant classroom teaching experience. A teaching credential is not required. Substitute teachers are hired on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain a safe, productive learning environment for the students in the classroom and on the playground.
- Execute the teacher’s lesson plans.
- Report back to the teacher any concerns or issues from the day.
- Collaborate with and support the grade level or departmental team.
$22.50/hour for the first 4 hours or $140/day.
San Francisco Friends School is a K-8 co-educational independent school, started in 2002, that combines outstanding academics with Quaker values of simplicity, integrity, mutual respect, and peaceful problem-solving.
*If you are interesting in applying to join our sub pool, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The San Francisco Friends School welcomes all students and staff and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability in administration of its educational policies, enrollment or hiring policies, and other school-administered programs.
For further information about San Francisco Friends School’s beginnings, mission and philosophy, please visit our website at www.sffriendsschool.org.