This webpage was last updated on November 4, 2021.
Though we have cleared most of our FAQs from the 2020–2021 school year, we have kept a few on this page that may be of current interest to families; FAQs from 2020–2021 are clearly marked.
- UPDATED – THE TRAVEL QUESTION: With Thanksgiving and the Winter holidays coming up, can you remind me what the rules are for traveling?
- UPDATED – THE TESTING QUESTION: Have there been any changes to the protocol for students to return to school after an illness?
- What should I do if my student is sick? Should I contact someone at SFFS?
- Going into the long weekend, have the travel guidelines from the SFDPH changed at all in recent weeks? Should families be quarantining after travel?
- What is the school doing to monitor air quality in San Francisco? What will you do if the air quality gets bad, considering the windows are now all open in order to promote increased ventilation during the pandemic?
- What and when will families hear from the school if someone tests positive for COVID on campus?
- What should I do if my kid has a close contact who tests positive for COVID? Do they need to quarantine?
- Will students and faculty/staff be required to wear masks at school this year?
- Now that the Governor has mandated that all public school employees be vaccinated, will SFFS require this of its faculty and staff, as well?
- Will I need to fill out HealthTrac or a similar health screening app before dropping my student(s) off at school this year?
- Will SFFS host community COVID testing events again this year? If so, will they resemble last year’s testing events?
- Will the school be offering a Friends@Home option for families in the 2021–2022 school year?
- FROM 2020–2021: What if my kid has a mild cold or cough? Do I still need to keep them home from school, even if I don't think they have COVID?
- FROM 2020–2021: How is the school supporting the faculty and staff in obtaining their COVID vaccine now that educators in the Bay Area are eligible to receive it?
- FROM 2020–2021: Who do I tell at School if my child or family member tests positive for COVID? What is the process / what are the necessary steps I need to take?
- FROM 2020–2021: Why isn’t COVID testing mandatory for all students?
- FROM 2020–2021: What if my student gets sick at school? What is the protocol and how will SFFS respond?
- FROM 2020–2021: Will my kid still eat lunch and snacks and have recess outside, even as it gets chillier and/or rainier?
- FROM 2020–2021: How are you taking parent feedback into account as you make decisions? How have you used survey results?
- FROM 2020–2021: What steps is the school taking to address ventilation in the building; have you considered a system that draws air outside instead of recirculating the same air around inside?
- FROM 2020–2021: UPDATED on 10/16/20: Will the school require community members to sign an agreement or pledge to not take unnecessary risks and to continue distancing and taking precautions outside of school?
- FROM 2020–2021: How will SFFS address curricular gaps from the spring and overall assessment this year?
- FROM 2020–2021: I would like to hear insights from Mike and the faculty at Friends as to what if any longer-term academic effects we might anticipate for our children as they go through this coming year in a remote learning mode.
- FROM 2020–2021: Is it okay for my kid to get together for play dates or participate in other group activities with peers and friends?