Please note: this page will be updated frequently. Last updated on February 1, 2021.
The guiding priorities of our reopening planning process are to:
- Maintain Our Strong Community and Connection: We remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our entire SFFS community whole and connected, and;
- Cultivate Our Rich Academic Program: We will continue to deliver the SFFS curriculum, as guided by our mission to inspire curiosity, cooperation, and hard work, as well as our strong focus on working towards the Quaker ideal of a caring and just society.
We also have established a list of guidelines for reopening:
- The school will be closed to visitors; parents, guardians, and caregivers will be asked to drop students off and pick students up at their assigned location and to wear masks and maintain distance from others during the drop-off / pick-up routine
- Parents, guardians, and caregivers will need to answer daily COVID-19 screening questions, without exception, in order for their child to be allowed on campus
- All faculty, staff, and students will be expected to wear masks at all times while on campus, and appropriate distancing will be maintained whenever possible
- Students will be grouped in small, stable cohorts and will remain in their cohort's designated areas throughout the school day
- Strict hygiene and cleaning regimens will be maintained at school, with rooms cleaned and supplies sanitized frequently and thoroughly, per Department of Public Health recommendations
All LOWER SCHOOL FAMILIES will receive a grade-level list with their student's M/T or Th/F cohort assignment.
MIDDLE SCHOOL FAMILIES: 5th and 7th Grade students will be on campus on Monday and Tuesday, while 6th and 8th Grade students will be on campus Thursday and Friday.
Reopening Staggered Schedule:
October 26: Kindergarten and First Grade
November 9: Second, Third, and Fourth Grades
November 30: All Students in Friends@Home following Thanksgiving
December 7: Fifth and Sixth Grades
January 4: All Students in Friends@Home following Winter Break
January 11: Seventh and Eighth Grades (K–8 all present on a 2:3 Hybrid Schedule)
4:1 Transition Staggered Schedule:
December 7: Kindergarten & 1st Grade
January 11: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Grades
Middle School: TBA in late December / early January
COVID TESTING RESOURCES:
● Color Community Test Sites
● Curative Testing
● Carbon Health
● Dignity Health-GoHealth
● One Medical
● You can make an appointment to get tested at many CVS and Walgreens locations online
● You can make an appointment with your local Kaiser location by calling 866-454-8855